Welcome to the 4th part of State of the Panthers. We will be looking at the Top 5 Defensemen we should get in Free Agency:
5. Tom Gilbert: I liked Gilbert when he played for the Panthers. He missed this season due to an injury but hopefully should be back. I really like Gilbert and hope he comes back to Florida.
4. Kris Russell: Russell played for Calgary. He is a good player. I think there is too much pressure from the Canadian Media on him and he will do well if he comes to Florida.
3. Kyle Quincey: Quincey missed half the season with injuries but he put up 11 points in 47 games. Those are some good stats.
2. Keith Yandle: We need a captain. I think we should get Yandle and bring him in to be a captain. He is also a valuble player. We need another veteran on the Defensive side.
1. Jason Demers: Demers had a solid year with 23 points in 62 games. He did take a lot of penalties with 72 PIM but I think he will do well here in Florida.