Thank you Mr. Drance and Ian McCoshen!
1. What was it like being picked in the 2nd round by the Panthers in 2013?
“It was really exciting. It’s something that you work towards as a hockey player, it’s a goal that you want to achieve, but it’s just a stepping stone. You’re still trying to make it in the NHL.”
2. Which defenseman would you compare your game to?
“I really like Ryan McDonaugh’s game, from the New York Rangers.”
3. Who has been your biggest influence so far in your hockey career?
“My Dad. He got me into hockey, coached me growing up, and helped me get to where I am today. I’m forever grateful for my dad.”
4. What was it like suiting up for your 1st career NHL game?
“It’s a dream come true. I know everyone says that, but it really is. You get butterflies before the game, you’re just so happy, you just try to enjoy the moment.”
5. Would you say you are an offensive, defensive or two way defenseman?
“I’m a two-way defenseman, I try to contribute however I can.”
6. What is your favorite food? (Personality Question)
“Sushi, hands down.”
7. How do you think Bob Boughner will impact your game?
“I think he’ll help out a lot. I know he was a top shutdown defenseman in his career, so I’m hoping he’ll give me some pointers on how to stay in the NHL!”